Sunday, March 25, 2007

South Texas International Motorcycle Show

I just got back from the South Texas International Motorcycle Show in San Antonio, Texas. I've been wanting to go since I moved here, yet each year I've put it off or found something else to do. This year I had no good excuse not to go.

There wasn't any single vendor that simply wowed me. Nor was I impressed with the $15 ($10 with a readily available coupon) entrance fee and $5 parking (though bikes parked free). But I got to see a number of regionally-built custom bikes, see a few new products and talk to the local Scorpion rep about the new EXO 1000 which is due out sometime this summer.

I went with two other people (hence the parking fee) but next time (if I go) I'll ask someone else to go before me on Friday or Saturday and tell me how good it is. Then I'll ride down, visit and go for a ride afterwards.

The Girls


The GirlsRiding.com ladies posing with me:

The Copenhagen girls:

The Aggressive Edge girls sporting Akuma shirts:



The Sportbikes


One of the independent, not-for-sale bikes vying
for the "people's choice" award:


Laredo Choppers entered a sportbike:


Aggressive Edge (from San Antonio)
had four bikes on display:





Cruisers and Choppers


Some other entrants that caught my eye:



This bike from Texas Custom Choppers from Austin,
Tx won the people's choice award. It struck me
as the most impressive bike at the show. The engine
seemed to disappear as one giant block of shiny
chrome. The LED-light pitchfork on the suicide shifter
caught everyone's eye.




The Texas Ranger motorcycle was another excellent,
well thought out and themed bike. From the custom
wheels to the Colt .45 levers and the effortless clutch
this bike used integrated its theme very well. I was told
it would
soon be auctioned off on ebay.


No comments: