Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Lost Maples (Part 1)

When you come back to work after the weekend with a sunburn and a few sore muscles, chances are pretty good you had a great time.

For me, this happened after an overnight hike-camp at Lost Maples Texas State Park. The overnight temperatures were reported to have dipped into the upper 20's. But the hiking was excellent, and I managed to snap a few pics on the hike out Monday.

I really needed to get away from everyone and everything, and this worked very well. Only one other person camped in Sunday night, and supposedly she stayed on the exact opposite side of the park. I didn't see a single person Monday until I arrived at the park HQ.

Of note: sleeping in nearly complete silence really demonstrates how loud our own thoughts have become in order to drown out the world around us.

No comments: