Monday, September 3, 2007

More parts coming

I got word earlier this week that my "new" headers are on their way and should arrive mid week. So, in one week, I should have a completely new exhaust system.

I mentioned this at work and got a name of a company in Houston that can ceramic-coat the headers for a not-too-high fee. This would nicely cut down on the heat coming off the bike onto me (which still manages to be an issue as it has been for all this generation FJR). I used a heat shield tape before which worked very well, but wore out with use and abuse. Rain, dragging over curbs, rocks and the like damaged the tape. Also, trapped moisture caused surface rust on the pipes. So, the coating will enhance the performance of the pipes, last longer and possibly even look better.

No comments: