Tuesday, September 18, 2007

How do you spell "Dissapointment?"

I don't usually publish my rants, though I'll occasionally write them.

I'm very disapointed with a couple of our shop's suppliers. The manufacturer (*cough* *cough* Yamaha *cough*) made me jump through all kinds of hoops to get a special order made for a customer - and I documented all of this - and the order still got completely fubared. Another supplier provided fallacious tracking information for a bike in service that made us create another order (since the first part supposedly wound up in the wrong state). Customer service was already closed by the time we discovered this, which is why we placed the second order...

Both instances were met with apathy and unwillingness to provide even mediocre customer support. The first customer got his parts too late (despite paying for fast delivery). The second customer got his parts early, but we were stuck with extra parts or a restocking fee. So if you ever wonder why prices are so high at dealerships... The cost of doing business can be pretty high, sometimes.

No comments: