Monday, September 3, 2007

Feasting on Asphalt

The past couple of episodes have made me really hungry for pie. For no particular reason, rhubarb pie came to mind most quickly. So, I made my own "Feasting on Asphalt" adventure, though I broke almost every rule.

I hopped on my bike, took I-35 down to Marie Calendar's and bought the last (only?) rhubarb pie. I talked to only one person: the cashier. She asked me if I really eat "this stuff." I replied, "Sometimes you just gotta have a rhubarb pie." At least we exchanged smiles!

With nominal help from the significant other, the pie disappeared in less than 24 hours. The crust was nice, though a bit overwhelming. I prefer to have more filling than crust. It was still good.

Next feasting on Asphalt adventure: the return of the pie tin for my $0.60 deposit!

No comments: