Saturday, July 28, 2007

A Rough Week

I haven't felt well all week. I disassembled the major parts of the front of the FJR last weekend to inspect the damage from the deer and haven't been able to ride - which turns out to be a good thing. I've had a nasty sore throat, earache and headache all week that is only exacerbated by a cold draft from the service window at work.

This is the first day all week I've managed to get up around a normal time in the morning, so I must be feeling better.

As for the FJR: most of the mounting tabs were either broken off or cracked on the headlight; the replacement arrived yesterday. I have other little hardware arriving next week, so I'm looking forward to putting the bike back together then.

In the meantime, I've managed to scavenge a few things off the FJR forum: some clean but used mufflers and a fuel tank insulation kit. So, this has been sort of an opportunity to collect my thoughts on the future of this bike - and get my lists going.

No comments: