Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Electric Blue+

This is another one of those posts I started a couple weeks ago and finally got around to finishing...

Okay, so this isn't a post about the new color of my FJR... exactly. It's Galaxy Blue, though only in part. The bodywork part of this project will involve parts from a 2005 Galaxy Blue FJR: the lower fairings with integrated turn signals and the upper left fairing which houses the glove box. The lower fairings turn signals require a wiring harness adapter which is on its way. I will splice it into the existing wiring to correctly make the transition. Once I'm satisfied that works well, I'll begin to order parts for the glove box and add that to the bike as well.


My 2003 FJR in Liquid Silver trim. Posing in nature, ha ha! Notice the stalked front turn signals, the ridges on the lower, front fairing and the smooth surface on top of the upper left fairing (no glovebox).

This is what a 2005 US model FJR looks like. Notice the front integrated turn signals, the deep blue color and if you look carefully, you can see the outline of the glove box on the upper fairing.

This is just a random picture I found off Google. I like the two tone scheme, though I like some of the other Yamaha blues better. This is either a 2003 US FJR with custom paint or an international 2001-2003 FJR.

This is a dark picture and you can't really appreciate the color of this bike in my opinion. The European FJR apparently has the two tone color scheme as an option (I'm not entirely certain if it's standard). I think it looks awesome. You can tell the 2006+ FJR (second generation) from the earlier models by the front fairing: earlier models have two (or three - depending how you look at it) ridges coming across the gap between the front part of the lower fairing to the back. The second generation models also have a mounting tab visible in the same space. (This was done in part so owners wouldn't have to cut up their expensive plastic to install sliders).

No comments: