Saturday, July 21, 2007

Crazy Neighbors Shooting Stuff?

I don't know if I'm going crazy and hearing things, but it sounded like I just heard someone unload a clip from a firearm systematically right in my backyard. I didn't see any movement from my window, but I did hear around half a dozen loud bangs that didn't sound like the typical "explosion" you'd get from a firework. I went outside to look, but I didn't see anything (like a murdered ex-girlfriend in the middle of the street) but what could I expect really? I didn't hear any other noises like screaming people or animals. The "firing" was rythmic with the exception of two or three "shots" in the middle. It wasn't the sound of a clanging dumpster. I didn't hear anything shatter, either. I honestly don't know what it was or if I should call the police.

It all happened at about ten till 2 AM.

And the wife woke just long enough to not hear anything and wonder why I was looking out the window. She was back asleep before I could ask her if she heard anything. Sheesh! (She's the light sleeper!)

I've gotta ask the neighbors if they heard anything. I'm telling you, this neighborhood is starting to really creep me out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so i woke long enough to not hear anything,eh? thats what i get for taking the drowsy medicine before going to bed!
-wife

The Road Runner said...

Yeah. One of our neighbors mentioned tonight that he's heard similar sounds... Like five rythmic bangs in a row - not the way fireworks go off. He went outside and saw people carrying baseball bats. He speculates they came outside for the same reason he did.

What kind of a place do we live in?!