Monday, September 3, 2012

50+ MPG, One Less Car

This morning, I got all the flashy Suzuki lights blinking at me. Whenever I get down to "one bar" on the fuel gauge, a tiny little fuel pump starts blinking in the corner of my instrument panel. Once the fuel has dropped below a certain point in the gas tank, that one bar starts blinking, too.

With nary over 1,300 miles on this bike, I'm wondering if the headlight is going to blink next and how hard it would be to push the V-Strom to the next gas station.

Regardless, I made it home. The mpg readout before I filled up stated I averaged 53.8 mpg this past tank of gas. Not bad! I did chuckle as I added 4.77 gallons of gas to my 5.3 gallon fuel tank. I might have made it back to work with what was left!

Not that I would try... But it's good experience for when I'm touring and a long way from home to know that I've got 25 miles to safe and 50 miles to just plain out of luck.

Which reminds me of Aerostich's infamous motorcycle license plate holders:


1 comment:

سما المثالية said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.