Monday, August 27, 2012

1,000

I just passed 1,000 miles on my new black beauty, "Midnight." She is my new Suzuki DL650A, a VStrom 650 ABS Adventure model.

Some observations:
There is a new bike smell, and it is wonderful.
That rear tire really likes to slip when it's cold.
The factory mirrors are great - for long glances at your elbows.
It helps to remove the disc lock from your brakes before riding off into the sunset.
Downshifting into first gear isn't always easy. The transmission is kind of clunky like the FJR's.
Earplugs are my friend.
The clutch lever needs to be properly positioned on the handlebar or every time you shift, the display button engages and changes the display.
Fuel mileage is much more impressive in Imperial Miles per Gallon.
There's lots of low-down torque.
Those saddlebags are big but it makes the bike so wide!
Why in the world is Plexus over $20 a can?
I like sitting way up high.
It's good to be back in the saddle again!

But I still miss my 'ol gal. Midnight reminds me of her in a lot of small ways, but she's definitely her own creature!

No comments: