Friday, May 25, 2007

Long Days

Yesterday was a 12.5 hour day. I've known this shop to have 14 and 16 hour days when it was a sole proprietorship, but... I'm just a bit tired.

I knew I wouldn't ride this morning because of how I felt riding home last night. You gotta listen to your body or you'll pay for it! On the other hand, a nice storm front with lots of rain behind it is moving in this morning, so that's just additional motivation to take the cage.

I got my official date where I will start working at setting up inventory at the new shop: June 5. I will be there 5 or 6 days a week until the shop officially opens in late June. Unfortunately, I will miss my uncle's wedding June 9. A special lack of gratitude goes out to all the contractors who delayed our opening by four more months. On the other hand, I am very exciting to get into the new building. As for now, I am working diligently to organize and reconcile the inventory at the current location to make the transition as smooth as possible.

It's been hot (and it's getting hotter and more humid each day as we approach summer) working in my little "hallway." Soon we'll be in the new building out of the heat. (I hope!)

I've been told that if I keep my current schedule, I won't have to work extremely long hours. I can only say, "We'll see!"

No comments: