Thursday, May 31, 2007

Getting in Shape for the Move

I am ready to move to the new store. Of course, I only speak for myself and not our inventory.

I've also enjoyed the benefits of exercising each morning - and I'm not referring to the customer who wants a part for their bike - but doesn't know what kind of bike it is. (Insert emoticon of :facepalm or :headbrick !)

I started Tuesday morning (which is my Monday, for those not familiar with how most motorcycle shops keep their hours) when I woke an hour early and figured, why not start now? I had been putting it off - hoping that the Spurs would quickly win the national championship and my sleep schedule would return to routine... But since I was awake and wanted to stretch my legs, I managed to get in a good workout following the exercises from a book I had not very recently acquired (but decided I would follow "when I got around to it.")

The results are amazing. I had forgotten how good I feel after exercising. Never mind the health benefits - I'm more alert at work, well focused and sleep better at night. I have been slowly weaning myself from the computer ritual first thing in the morning and now it's paying off.

If I can keep this up, I will probably reward myself with a hiking trip to Big Bend in the late fall. Maybe even make the voyage to Daytona for Biketoberfest? Who knows? I might even get to see family for Thanksgiving!

No comments: