Monday, April 30, 2007

Bruise Redux

Yesterday is one week from the initial injury. Saturday and Sunday were uncomfortable to say the least. I really wanted to go hiking at Government Canyon (and use my new Texas State Parks Pass) but I just didn't feel well. My calves were cramping and my left arm hurt. I took some aspirin and put some heat on the bruise last night.

I spoke with someone else who had the same thing happen to her (only perhaps even worse) and she told me it took three weeks for the bruise to go away. I would say that by week one I've gotten a modestly large bruise whose size seems to have stabilized.

For the record, this bruise is as large (if not somewhat larger) than any I've ever picked up in a motorcycling accident. I am also starting to wonder about the possible side effects of regular platelet donations. Evidence exists for long-term health problems, but finding and understanding what those problems are remains slightly elusive. Anyone willing to help decipher this stuff for me? I'd be very appreciative!

Taken Saturday, April 28, 2007 after
returning home from work (Day 6).

No comments: