Friday, April 6, 2007

A Bloody Nose, A Pain in the Butt...

Remember those allergies from my last post? Well, it's gotten worse. I've mostly lost my voice, I've been draining a little bit of blood from my snot and coughing up some blood in my mucus and it's still that nasty green color. It's definitely from all that nose-blowing, coughing and drying out from my allergy medicines.

I went to see the doctor yesterday (after a week of the bad stuff) and he suggested a shot to help out. He also prescribed an even stronger anti-histamine/decongestant. And if that didn't work out, he said, he hand-wrote a prescription for an antibiotic. The shot is some kind of steroid that would supposedly make me feel great and the pills would only be a precaution.

I volunteered for the shot, despite the fact that I'm nearly phobic towards needles. (One must confront their fears instead of shying from them to become stronger). I didn't realize that I'd have to cross my legs, pull my pants down a bit and take it in my "hip." If one of my coworkers had been the doctor, he would have said (rather crudely) that I should "take it in the bobo and like it!" Well, my butt is still sore and I've not even been riding!

I'm still draining the nasty stuff. So, I'm off to fill the antibiotic prescription.

In the meantime, the XT has been lounging around the Yamaha shop and is ready for it's return home. Sadly, it will ride home in the back of my truck. But it's good to know that having been tinkered with by the mechanic that it's probably good to go for another 5 to 10 thousand miles with only routine maintenance.

On the other hand, a coworker has offered to buy it in the next couple months, so we'll see how that goes. Perhaps once this is all done, I can start back to work on losing a few pounds and getting back in to shape. Again.

No comments: