Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Progress takes time... and overtime!

I've heard about 80 hour work weeks. I never thought I'd work one.

I worked about 75 hours last week, typically 14 hours per day, with less time on Sunday and Monday. I managed to get off a short ride, a trip to church with my wife and a nice dinner (with the same wonderful person) Sunday. That's probably the most we've done together since I got back from Wisconsin. (To clarify, I rode alone and met her for the other activities later).

In fact, it was the only riding I've done since I've been back. The FJR was a little tickled when I sold the XT (she had been jealous for a long time) but the long absence from riding has changed her mind. I think she suspects that she will be sold next, replaced by a younger model.

But I can't do that yet. I still need to fix the damage from "Bambi" and hit the forums and see if I can pick up some clean saddlebags and used exhaust. If I do manage to do that, I wonder if I'll still want to sell her?

It's nice to have the space in the garage. I wonder what will happen next? Regardless, it won't happen for a while; I can't do anything 'till the store opens and I probably won't have time to do any work at home for another couple weeks.

No comments: