Saturday, April 26, 2008

Quick thoughts on riding

It's been a while since I've posted. Considering that I'm selling my bike and my riding career has an uncertain future, you may understand why I've been a bit quiet lately.

That said, I've had a few quick thoughts I wanted to share:

I just had lunch for less than one gallon of gas. The dollar menu at Wendy's is awesome, but I don't ever remember having to pay less than $1 for a whole meal back in the day!

I'm precariously close that that $20 fillup. I used to get mad when I had to pay more than $10 at the pump to fill up - on premium. A $20 weekend went a long, long way just a few years ago. Now, motor sports has become much more expensive and I'm less likely to "blow away" so much money to go for a ride.

Road rage lives on. I rarely get so upset at another driver for driving recklessly that I feel something needs to be done. When I saw a Jeep Wrangler consistently endanger another rider, I knew I had to take action. I got a good look at the driver and memorized the license plate. I reported the @#$% to the local police department and filed a complaint. One of the people (read: the driver) in the vehicle was using a cell phone and didn't seem to notice that he was driving 20+ mph over the speed limit and tailgating everyone.

Having to sell the FJR got me riding this week. I've enjoyed every moment of it (even though I got very upset at the aforementioned incident). Riding for the sake of commuting really is fun, even if the temperature isn't regulated. It's nice to just be "out there." And getting more miles for the money is a good feeling, too.

Not that'd I'd be opposed to a smaller bike with even better mileage!

No comments: