Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Fully Loaded

I'm pleased to announce that the dealership finally got its share of recall kits for the 03-05 FJR trunks. The mount is very secure and just what I needed to get it back on and useable again. It's weird to have a full set of hard luggage back on the bike in such a short period of time. I've been without so long... it's an odd but wonderful feeling.

So the bike went from this...

September 2007

To this...


October 2007


And the only thing I don't like about it now is the bluish headlights. I'm going to have to go back to the Yamaha bulbs which put out a much whiter light, even though these are advertised as appearing blue, but cast white. *Sigh* However, the PIAA 4000's are excellent and were worth the great deal I got on e-bay. The heated grips work nicely, too. The voltage indicator lamp is better in some respects than a digital voltmeter in that it only takes a glance to read voltage use as opposed to reading and then discerning an actual voltage readout. It's not too bright at night, either. I still need to remove the Rifle tuning block from the windshield which I believe will perfect the airflow around my helmet at the full-up position. Overall, I'm very well pleased with the clean appearance of the bike and the quality of the wiring, too. (The first picture shows that the vast majority of the wiring runs under the windshield motor.)

Now, if I can only get a few days off to really go riding and put all this great gear to test...

No comments: